I am a quintessential optimistic loser. Just trying to change the loser part....

Friday, January 29, 2010

1-29....

Hmmm today is gunna be a practice for the show next week. I'm kind of excited, and kinda scared if we can piece this together. Gunna have to do some music editing...

Yep. So I've discovered, that after i choreograph, my freestyle is affected. This is bad because my freestyle is more musical than anything. When i freestyle i dont capture the mood of the song. And the styles are extremely different. My freestyle is more of a barebones hitting beats type thing, with fluid, small motions that make me proud of my freestyle skills. However, my choreography is big movements with a ton of emotion. I've cried while doing one of my own choreographies before.... So like the opposite of my freestyle. So thats why i generally dont like choreographing, because for like the rest of the week my freestyle will be off....

Anyways, shopoverload shipped out my shoes, coming in next wendsday. The irony is that i blamed them too fast. Anyways, they have my respect now. Just make sure u email them before u order anything, just incase they dont got it.

But yea monia comin over for practice, gunna watch the abdc season opener online after a bit, order pizza, yep.

I've been thinkin about the future alot. I'm planning on going to LA over spring break to session and take some classes. Ace ventura (Kallusive Dance Crew, peep game) came to FSA once to do a class, and me and him hit it off pretty well, cuz he understands our situation in terms of bein in Atl, which isnt big on my style of dance, and he told me to email or call him if i ever go out. So I emailed him a few days ago, and he replied like an hour later tellin me that if i email him a few weeks before i go, he'll help me figure some stuff out. So yea, this got me thinkin. Been talkin to my moms about dancin as a career. All I know right now is that its my dream to be a dancer. In a sense I've already reached that goal... okay i wanna be a dancer as my livelihood. Its kind of a gamble. But I've never felt so strongly about somethin in my life. I've never worked so hard for something on my own. Everything in my life that ive been good at was forced on me. Dancing, I've been at it for years, and its just somethin ive always loved. Just havin music on and jammin. Sessioning. Freestyling. Choreographing. Training. Its like, some people who have a sport they like, everytime they got practice, there like fuck... I go practice I'm like, hell yea sucka!

Anyways, yep try to post pics, been a long time.

Stay safe, Enjoy the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment